2015 - 2017
- Built an API using AWS Lambda and API Gateway.
- Built a dynamic image resizing service using Node JS, Redis, and Restify.
- Worked as a backend/feature developer for a Node JS, RethinkDB, Express4, and AngularJS based web application
- Worked as a backend developer for a Node JS/Express4 based API
University of Colorado at Boulder
2014 - 2015
- Student systems administrator charged with basic administration tasks (account creation, certification modification, etc.)
- Did client work ranging from basic permissions problems to hardware failure.
- Lots of internal work including an HTML to .txt wiki merge and localizing VMs.
- Python scripting including multiple production scripts.
- Small amounts of shell scripting and configuration management work.
- Built (software only) and configured multiple basic Ubuntu Linux systems.
- Setup Nagios based server-side monitoring.
- Participated in VictorOps’ (Nagios API based on-call monitoring) early alpha.
- Worked as a QA and testing intern to find issues on an HTML5 based website.
- Used various tools (such as Firebug and Wireshark) to ensure safety and rigidity of the site.
Precision Steel Tech
2011 - 2013
- Worked with a small team to produce steel pieces for metal roofing
- Learned a lot about shop safety
- Learned how to accurately shape steel using basic shop instruments (drill press, rubber mallet, tin snips) in order to produce pieces with low error tolerances.
Online Commerce Networks
2010 - 2012
- Built a site for selling unique cufflink designs. The site was built on Prostores using Shipwire integration to handle logistics.
- Communicated with Chinese manufacturers in order to bulk order a product.
University of Colorado at Boulder
2013 - 2017
Electrical and Computer Engineering Major
Computer Science Minor
Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Track
Engineering, Science, & Society Certificate
Major GPA: 3.61 Total GPA: 3.55
ThunderRidge High School
GPA: 3.6 7 AP classes, 2 concurrent enrollment classes
- Built a specification driven testing framework that generates Mocha tests based off of a Swagger API specification file.
- Built a NodeJS based dynamic image resizing API.
- Utilized the RESTful API model and Redis caching to make it fast and easy to use.
- Built a REST API server with Flask that would pull a JSON object from Firebase, parse it into a more human readable and iterable format, and then push the new JSON object to S3.
- Built a 2 wheeled robot from scratch, including closed loop speed control, basic wireless steering, and Arduino driven movement commands.
- Constructed a final project that consisted of using a Raspberry Pi to drive the robot using inputs from Twitter.
- Built a CLI for ServiceNow using Python and Requests.
- Utilized modular design and objects to maximize usability and efficiency.
- Focused on making it easy to use and easy to configure.
- Group project to build an Arduino tilt-based music synthesizer.
- Utilized I2C communication to pull input from an accelerometer and generate tones.
- Built a Python based random password generator that uses dictionary words instead of random strings.
- Built a ANSI color module in Python for use in command line based scripts.
- Rebuilt an old Perl script used to alert users about disk usage on systems without quotas.
- Heavily optimized the script using Linux commands and built-in Python constructs.
- Built a configurable interface with a simple configuration file.
- Designed and built a clock from scratch for CU EE’s freshman design course.
- Done using a 555 1Hz oscillator, a self-built power supply, counters, and logic gates.
Senior Project: Thunderridge Highschool
- Learned about basic penetration testing and website manipulation.
- Tested findings on a local small business’ production site.
- Advanced Humanities
- Calculus 1, 2, & 3
- Circuits 1 & 2
- Data Structures
- Differential Equations
- Digital Design Lab
- Digital Logic
- Discrete Math
- Engineering Economics
- History of Technology
- Linear Systems
- Operating systems
- Programming Digital Systems
- Project Management
- Open source programming
- NPM and PIP Libraries
- Church leadership
- Technical writing
- HackCU Local Hack Day (October 2016)
- HackCU 2016 (April 2016)
- HackCU Local Hack Day (October 2015)
- PicoCTF (May 2013)
- Defcon CTF Qualifiers (May 2013)
- VP of CU League of Legends Club: 2013-2015
- Competitive Indoor Drumline: 2010-2013
- Orange Belt in Judo: 2008-2012
- 1 Debate Letter : 2009
- 4 Band Letters : 2009 - 2012
- 2 AP Scholar Awards: 2012 / 2013
- Multi-Percussion Award: 2012
- 4 Semesters Honor Roll (3.5 GPA +) : 2010 - 2012
- 2 Semesters Principal’s Honor Roll (4.0 GPA +): 2012 - 2013
- Graduate: Youth Leadership Douglas County: 2013
- 3 Semesters Dean's List (3.75 GPA+)